Saturday, October 18, 2014

Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball of Furrr...

If you watch the Big Bang Theory, chances are you know how catchy the soft kitty song is. Every time Penny sings it to Sheldon I find myself singing or humming it for the rest of the night. 


Anyway, today that song was stuck in my head ALL DAY because we found a kitten!


My sister, mother, and I were coming home from lunch when I saw a little black fur ball sitting in the middle of the road. Since our farm isn't in a residential area, the speed limit on the road is pretty high, 40 at least. As I slowed down, it ran off into the brush that lined the sides of the road. We could see that it was still sitting there, so I pulled onto the shoulder and my mom got out to see if she could catch it. After 15 minutes of crawling through brush, over logs, and into ditches, we were soaked and no closer to catching the kitten. 

We decided to head back to the house and return with a Havahart trap. 30 minutes, 4 people, and a high speed golf cart ride later, we were bringing the kitten back to the farm. 
We unloaded the kitten into a large dog crate and were surprised to find that he would let us hold him in a towel. My dad immediately bonded with him as did everyone else in the family. Knowing he was a keeper, we decided to name him Lucky. 




He's a little cutie and I hope living with us will make him fat and happy. 
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment