Monday, July 13, 2015

My DIY Bridal Shower

I should have been a housewife

 After many weeks of planning, we finally celebrated my bridal shower this past Saturday*. Friends and family gathered round to celebrate my upcoming nuptials at Paisano's, my favorite restaurant in Rutherford. My maid of honor and I are pretty crafty so we wanted to DIY as many of the decorations as possible, I really love how everything turned out. 

I can't believe that I forgot to take pictures of some the shower decorations, especially after all the work we put into them. The signs, banners, and centerpieces are some things I forgot to take pictures of so I thought I'd set them up at home to give a little example of what I was trying to go for.

I should have been a housewife

I should have been a housewife

Another decoration I fell in love with was a picture of a Kitchenaid mixer used to hold a bouquet of flowers featured on Hostess with the Mostess. I thought a floral monogram I found by Sweetly Chic Events would also be a nice addition to the gift table.

I should have been a housewife

I should have been a housewife

Since the shower started at noon I wanted to have a mimosa bar and some punch to keep things on the lighter side. I saw this 'bubbly' sign used for a New Years Eve party and decided to recreate it. I have a feeling it's going to make some more appearances since it's my hands down favorite thing I made for the shower.

I should have been a housewife

I should have been a housewife
Here's a full shot showing the crates and moss covered foam that supports the letters
I picked up the mini easel signs from Michael's and wrote on them with a chalkboard pen to let guests know what was in each drink dispenser.


I should have been a housewife


I should have been a housewife

I wanted to keep the centerpieces simple but still have an impact so I picked out some orchids and african violets to decorate the table (I forgot to take pictures of them day of but here they are when we picked them out the week before the shower).

I should have been a housewife

My bridesmaids all chipped in and got us our vacuum off the registry, they did an awesome job decorating the box since it was a no wrap shower. I bet you didn't know Nick and I were models.

I should have been a housewife

I should have been a housewife

For dessert we set up a cookie bar filled with all different types of homemade treats. We also ordered delicious cupcakes from House of Cupcakes which we stacked on crates that we bought and stained from Michaels. We finished off the table with gold and confetti balloons from a local vendor and matching gold frames with descriptions of the desserts. We also provided to-go containers so that everyone was able to bring home cookies or cupcakes as a treat for later.

I should have been a housewife

I should have been a housewife

My favorite of the cupcakes were the s'mores with a graham cracker bottom, chocolate cake, and fluffy icing dipped in ganache. Hard to fit all in one bite but I tried!

I should have been a housewife



Where to Buy:
  • Card board letters for floral monogram- Hobby Lobby
  • Signs, banners, and wreath components- Michael's
  • Crates and letters for mimosa sign- Michaels
  • Orchids and flower pots- IKEA
  • Drink dispensers- Bed, Bath, and Beyond
  • Cupcakes (fluffy chocolate, vanilla rage, s'mores, and strawberry shortcake)- House of Cupcakes
  • Food and location- Paisano's, Rutherford, NJ
Let me know if you want more info on any of the crafts we did or where to find them.

Check out the rest of my shower ideas on my Pinterest page here and be sure to follow me on instagram @rocky092 for more engagement, shower, and weddings posts

*A huge thank you to my maid of honor Jessica for help with all of the decorations, to my two mothers for hosting and baking for the shower, to my fiance and two fathers for coming early to set up and coming  back after to help clean up, and to my friends and family members who came out to give their love and support on such a wonderful day. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment