Friday, October 10, 2014

Past Sugar Cookie Projects

Before heading to Atlantic City for a conference this weekend, I thought I'd do a quick post on previous sugar cookies I have made. My sugar cookie obsession started after stumbling upon the Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle, the cookies are out of this world amazing. The blog features step by step instructions with photos, recipes, tips, and a whole bunch of extras.

My first attempt at making intense sugar cookies was for Thanksgiving last year. I just followed the step by step instructions for Sugarbelle's decorated turkey and pumpkin cookies and here's how they turned out. 







Pretty good for my first time, eh?! They took me about a day and a half to make, but that included the baking of the cookies and drying time in between icing colors.

The next set I made was for Christmas of last year and I followed this reindeer tutorial, which was actually a guest post, leaving out a few of the more ornate finishing details. I also added a few cookies of my own design including customized Santa hats and snow topped candy canes.  



Santa hat cookies

                                                                                                     
The last set of cookies I'm going to sugar with you are ones that I made at the end of my low vision rotation in optometry school. They were mini retina cookies with various ocular diseases. 

retinal disease cookies


These were ones I designed completely by myself and I was really happy with how they came out.

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed!

Be sure to follow me on instagram @rocky092 to se more food and cookie posts


No comments:

Post a Comment