Monday, January 26, 2015

Red Velvet Valentines Pancakes

I should have been a housewife

I was in the mood for something sweet over the weekend, and with it being close to Valentine's Day, my pinterest was flooded with red velvet everything. I looovee fresh pancakes on the weekends so making red velvet pancakes seemed like a no brainer. Here's the recipe I used (although I ran out of food coloring, so they weren't as red as I would have liked them)

Red Velvet Pancakes
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp sugar

2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tbsp red food coloring

Optional:
Cream Cheese Glaze
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1.5 cup powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
powdered sugar for garnish

1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined.

2. Preheat a large fry pan over low-medium heat. Drop 1/2 cup portions of batter onto the fry pan and cook until bubbles rise to the top of the cooking pancake. Flip and cooked until pancakes have risen slightly and are cooked through.
3. Garnish with glaze/whipped cream/ powdered sugar and serve.

Enjoy!

I Should Haven Been A Housewife

I Should Haven Been A Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment