Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cranberry and Golden Raisin Scones

I should have been a housewife

This morning I was craving some homemade baked goods for breakfast. I saw someone making scones on TV a couple of weeks ago and since I've never made them before, I thought I'd give them a try.

Cranberry and Golden Raisin Scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen
1/3 cup dried cranberries

1/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg



1. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.

2. Using a large grater, grate strands of frozen butter and combine with a fork until mixture is corse and crumbly.

3. Add cranberries and raisins and mix well. Combine sour cream and egg, and add to dry mixture.

4. Combine with clean hands until dough comes together (will still feel a little crumbly).

5. On a floured work surface press dough out into a large rectangle. Cut into thirds across the short side of the rectangle and then again across each smaller square forming large triangles.

6. Transfer to parchment line baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.

These really hit the spot, especially with a little butter right after they've cooled a little. I also paired mine with a mimosa using leftover sparkling wine from our trip to Napa

Enjoy!

I should have been a housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment