Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Coquito- Spiced Coconut Eggnog


I should have been a housewife

Christmas is the time of year for eggnog, but I've never really been a fan. My fiancĂ©'s uncle makes a coconut based eggnog called coquito that I actually love. I decided to make it since we won't be home for the holidays and it was as delicious as I remembered it. 

Coquito
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
2 egg yolks 
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 can cream of coconut (14 oz)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup white rum

1. In a double boiler combine evaporated milk and egg yolks until temperature reaches 160 F and coats the back of a spoon (took me about 12 minutes)

2. Pour yolk mixture into a blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend well and refrigerate for a couple of hours until cool.

Enjoy!

Get the recipe for Mickey Mouse gingerbread cookies here.